ALL: The Peace of Christ unto each of you and yours.
Just a word of caution: THE VIRUS IS ALIVE IN THE AREA – SO BE CAREFUL! Now for some announcements:
- · The Annual Christmas Dinner and Talent Show will take place Saturday, December 12 beginning at 5:30 PM. The dinner will be catered as it was last year and will steak, baked potato and green beans, and desert ($17 a plate). Also, anyone desiring to attend and to share their talent please get in touch with Gayle Wheat.
Announcements from the Sunday Bulletin:
~ Announcements for December 2020 ~
- BELL SUNDAY. This year you will be given TWO opportunities to bring and ring your bell for Christmas. The first occurrence will be the Fourth Sunday of Advent, December 20 and, for all those who will forget to bring your bell you can do so on Christmas Eve, December 24. The purpose of ringing our bells is to announce Christmas and the birth of the Christ Child. Bring a bell of any size to help “ring in” Christmas.
- CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE. A Candlelight Service will be held Christmas Eve, Sunday, December 24 at 6:30 P.M. to await the coming of the Christ Child. Come and celebrate Christmas Eve with special music. The service will be modified this year due to the pandemic and expecting large numbers (and out-of-towners) to attend, we must wear a mask and social distance (to facilitate that, chairs will be place in the sanctuary). We must bear this with dignity, grace, and love until this “thing” passes.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS. “The Bereans” Sunday School class will resume January 3rd. We will be discussing Timothy Keller’s "The Reason for God-Conversations on Faith and Life". This study was created to help us engage others in dialogue on six common objections to Christianity. Dr. Keller was the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Manhattan, a PCA Presbyterian church, that grew from just 50 people to over 5,000 each Sunday. He, also, is a successful author of several bestsellers. All are invited to join us at 9:30 a.m. Contact Bonnie Wolfe if you have any questions.
· If you need any "throw away masks" in boxes of fifty I can still get them for you from the County Director of Emergency Contingencies. You are welcome to them – just let me know.
· There is a list posted on the bulletin board of things that needs to be done in the way of Fall Cleanup (ATTACHED). This will allow members to come and go at any time of choosing while maintaining social distancing. If there is something that you can help with, please sign up.
· Church financial situation is managing fairly well but please continue being good Biblical stewards.
Now for those who remain home to watch the recorded modified worship service here is the info for Sunday’s Sermon:
“What is ‘God Incarnate’?". John 1:1-18
Keep visiting with each other and praying for our church family, State, and Country.
Remember: "Feed Your Faith – Not Your Fear!!!"
In the Love & Peace of Christ,