The Clan MacDonald Flag

During the “Kirkin’ O’ the Tartan” on December 2, a tartan flag was processed into the sanctuary. The Clan MacDonald flag is in honor of the first called minister to The Presbyterian Church of Gatesville, The Reverend Thomas MacHutchon of Scotland, when the church was chartered March 1, 1885. The MacHutchon family was a sept of Clan MacDonald (or sub family) from the Highlands of Scotland. This flag which was donated anonymously to commemorate and honor all the ministers who have faithfully served this congregation over the years will be placed outside the pastor’s office after today’s worship service.